For more posts like these, go to @mypsychology
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2pjEB7e
Hi! I’ve just finished transfer applications, so I have a few tips that I picked up during the process.
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2pzt4Uv
- official website
- official set up video
- official bullet journal store
- bullet journals vs. planners | what is a bullet journal
- five reasons why you should keep a planner
ii. STARTING A BULLET JOURNAL
- how to start keeping a journal
- keeping up with your journal
- how to start your bujo (photos)
- intro to bullet journalling | + getting started
- two planner system for journalling
- bullet journals for beginners | how to bullet journal
- contents of a bullet journal
- complete illustrated guide to bullet journalling
- comprehensive guide to bullet journals
- set ups: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
- simple + useful layout
- beautifully illustrated!!
- cute fonts & use of pictures
- v creative n artsy journal
- cute & colourful !
- pretty + practical spreads
- so artistic and innovative
- washi tape & calligraphy
- soft n pastel layouts
- organized and neat layouts
- beautifully arranged + stylish !!
- clean and adorable style
- tasteful and cutesy
- pictures + highlighters
- v innovative spreads & layouts
- simplistic + muted colours !
- consider your needs:
- squared | lined | dotted | blank?
- bound | disk | coil | midori style | reporter?
- hardcover | softcover? + colours?
- popular choice: official ‘bullet journal’ | moleskine | leuchtturm 1917
- more journals: cheaper moleskine alternative | grid essentials journal | piccadilly notebook | rhodia notepads | traveler’s journal
- popular choice: zebra mildliners | staedtler triplus fineliners | stabilo point 88 fineliners | muji gel ink pens | pilot frixion
- + alternatives: pilot g-2 | monami aqua plus | pilot hi-tecpoint v5 | star diamond gel | candy colour ballpoint
- more studyblr stationery | best school supplies
- favourites + alternatives to popular stationery | even more
- highlighters: koyuko 3-way highlighter | uni propus window | dong-A twinliner | stabilo boss | staedtler textsurfer highlighters
- brush pens: pilot fude-makase | faber-castell | tombow
- + places to purchase stationery
- a quick stationery crash course
types: daily | weekly | monthly | yearly
* denotes i use it myself
- front: key | table of contents | year at a glance | goals for this year
- monthly: calendar* | goals / deadlines | expenses
- weekly: weekly view* | food + habits | exercise | upcoming dates+events
- daily: quote / song of the day | the weather | was this a productive day?*
- back + other: tv show tracker | books to read* | inspirations page
- + masterpost of more page ideas | another | seasonal spreads
- miscellaneous page ideas | more page & journal tips | spread ideas
“how-to” → types of pages
- daily: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
- weekly: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
- monthly: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
- cute yearly spread
- movie watchlist !
- monthly memories
- year at a glance
- another one
- ideas + to dos
- work/acad/life layout
- financial planning
- artsy weekview
- goals + wishes
v. STYLING YOUR JOURNAL
handwriting & calligraphy:
- cursive handwriting | 2 | 3 | 4 | tutorial
- tips to neaten writing: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | + for adults | video
- fonts to try | the ‘outline’ font | shadow font | + tag
- highlighter + pen headers | mildliner headers
- formatting headers | title ideas
- 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
- from: composers | artists (2) | writers | scientists | philosophers | psychologists | + extensive tag
- people: leonardo da vinci | shakespeare | slyvia path
- who said it? quotes
- quotes that will make you shudder (2)
- find more: goodreads | brainyquote | quotationspage | quoteland
- get a daily quote & image in your email | +5 more websites
- reference: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | + tag
- types: plants | floral + more flowers | clouds | seasonal | coffee
- illustrate your notes: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
- drawing ribbons | 2 | 3 | 4 | gif tutorial
- visual notetaking tutorial + fundamentals
- tips on visual journal/diary spreads
- + more ways to be creative with your spreads
- first time guide to sketchnotes | video
- about + how to add them
- basic sketchnotes reference + another
- reference: 1 | 2 | 3
- journalling cards
- printing on sticky notes
- page flag planning
- add a chronodex?
- study schedules
- +35 things to add
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2q20qIi
1. Stock up on basics; button ups, skirts, nice pants (anything from white/black jeans to business pants), and basic flats/heels. I don’t recommend spending an insane amount of money on these items because there are so many stores from Target to J.Crew that have these items for reasonable prices! I get all of my button ups and skirts that are about knee length at J.Crew because they always have great items on their sale rack and they take a student discount!
2. Splurge on items that will last you forever; blazer/blazer and skirt set, dress pants/blazer and pants set, etc. These items will last a very long time in your closet and go with so many different basics! I’m not saying go out an spend $5,000 on a Chanel tweed jacket with matching skirt; stores that specialize in business attire will work just fine! My favorites are J.Crew, Banana Republic, and Ann Taylor.
3. For shoes, I recommend a nude pair of flats, a black pair of flats, a nude pair of heels, and a black pair of heels. Then from there you can add more fun pieces. You can find these styles of shoes basically anywhere! My favorite brand of affordable classic heels are Madden Girl, my favorite brand of flats are Tory Burch, and my favorite brand of high end heels are Valentino, Prada, and Louboutin!
Just build your wardrobe little by little starting with basics that you can wear on an everyday basis, but that you can also dress up for a business casual or professional look. I highly recommend J.Crew, if that is your style and in your price range! You can find everything from button ups, skirts, blazers, dress pants and more there. There are always great sales and I always find great items on the sale racks! Tip: J.Crew pixie pants are amazing because they are leggings, but look like nice black pants on. Those pants are an example of something you could buy that you could wear on a daily basis as leggings, but also dress up for a professional look!
After you have all the basics, you can start to splurge on more expensive items that will last forever! For example, if you have your eyes on a pair of Louboutins, a pair of Madden Girl black leather heels will work just fine for now, then save up for the more expensive shoes and replace your basic ones later on! This works with all basic items!
When in doubt, search on Pinterest for Business Casual and Business Professional outfits! I have a whole board on my Pinterest dedicated to Post-College fashion, and there are so many fashionable examples!
Hope this helped:)
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2pf4J5m
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2pXcXzv
In general, I’m a fan of using milestone days to prompt me to think about changes I might undertake to make myself happier, healthier, more productive, or more creative.
Certain days, such as January 1 or my birthday, remind me to reflect on my life and my hopes for the future. Recently, Inauguration Day prompted me to think about the highest ideals of the United States, and how I can live up to them, in my own life.
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2q4FVtN